Thursday, May 3, 2012

COLOUR WORKSHOP

The colours workshop, is the moment where we experimented with different colours through mixture of different colour of Star Dyes. We use some natural fibres so it is easier for the fabric to absorb colours more. I use mostly silk since i am going to use silk for my collection. The dye bath normally has thicker colours, however after you iron the silk to dry the fabric faster, it goes really pale, which what i love. I am looking for more pale colours. I want to do spring/summer transition. I want some pastel fabric yet it is not a bright colour, i want the colours that express organic and traditional aspect of Batik. I love the colours of 'Khaki", and "Mouse Grey" the best because it has the intricate and pastel colours that i love.

No comments:

Post a Comment